Friday, August 2, 2013

Confusing Valentine's Day (February 2001 - 7th Grade)

[Try to keep up.  For references of who people are, please refer to this previous blog entry.]

February 14, 2001
     Guess what happened in youth group tonight?  [I was going to St. Matthews, a local Catholic church, on Wednesday nights.  Not for any spiritual reasons, but just to see my friends.  I was such a heathen.]  I brought Miley with me, and when we got there, she said "hi" to all her friends.  Then, when we were in prayer, she told me that she wanted a guy to go out with her that loved her, not just one who'll say, "Whatever" and diss her off.  [Seems like a reasonable request...]  
     Well, anyway, then she told me to ask Jeremy  if he liked her and stuff, so I did.  [Jeremy was this guy I had "gone out with" in elementary school for over a year, even though we never held hands and we only went on one date with his dad and his best friend who I sat in between during the movie; I talked to his best friend more than him!]  He said, "Yeah, I kinda do; maybe," so I told her.  Then, she was all, "Well, ask him if he has a gf and if he would go out with me if I asked him."  He said sure.  So I went back and forth between them until he finally asked her out.  She said yes!  [I'm such a good friend.]
     Then, they were like holding hands after church was over.  When Emily found out that Jeremy and Miley were going out, she was all, "I don't want them to, because I don't want her to hurt him" and junk.  Then, without my knowledge, Miley told Craig I liked him, and asked if he would go out with me.  [Okay, so after Jeremy broke up with me in elementary school because he liked someone else, I "went out with" his best friend, Craig, to get back at him.  He ended up getting a new best friend, and Craig and I ended up dating until elementary school ended.  We broke up because we were going to different middle schools and didn't want to be tied down.]  As Jeremy and Craig left, Craig gave a thumbs up sign to Miley, THEN she decided she would tell me, and I was mad, confused, and scared. 
     I was mad that she was trying to hook me and Craig up when she had said she wanted Franky and me to go out.  [For information on who Franky is, refer to this post.]  I was confused, because I like Franky, Craig, Manny, Josh, Jeremy, and Steven (<kinda), and I don't know who I like most.  [My best friend in high school used to joke that my love life was like the Barnum and Bailey Circus. haha]  Steven is definitely out, because too many people would kick my butt to have him.  [It's true; he was a player, like I said.]  I was scared, because I'm going out with someone, and I've never even kissed a guy, but I don't want anyone to know. 
     Tomorrow, Miley is supposed to call me, and she's supposed to call Jeremy; then I'm supposed to call Craig, and we're supposed to do a 4-way call!  Whew!  My hand is tired!  [You're not the only one who's tired.]  More later!

February 15, 2001
     Today in school was fun.  Not much happened, except for a killer Geography test on South America.  I thought I was gonna die!  [Spoiler alert: I didn't.]
     Anyway, when I got home after school, I waited for Miley to call me, then I called her and her mom said she would be back at around 6.  So I talked to Erika for like an hour, and then Miley called me.  Then we called Craig, and I broke up with him [less than 24 hours; that's a new record], because Tessa told Miley she wanted to go out with him.  
     The rest of the night was a whole bunch of 3-way calls: we called Josh and he wasn't there; we called Jeremy (and the line was either busy or there was no one home); we called Franky, and he said I looked sweet and was pretty; we called Manny who told Miley he didn't like me [surely I got the picture after this rejection!]; and we called Zeke who wasn't home. [Zeke was kind of a nerd.  I mean, he wore chapstick on a string around his neck and played bassoon in the orchestra.  There was just something about him, though...]  
     My mom got pretty mad at me for staying on the phone so long.  Oh well.  I think she has a death wish for Miley.  Oh well. 

[And the plot thickens.  For those of you who are wondering, yes, "Miley" is the same girl as "J.M." from this entry.  I was friends with her before all of that went down.]

3 comments:

  1. Oh for a guy that wears chapstick around his neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! ChapStick around my neck! That would be taking my ChapStick addiction to the next level.

    ReplyDelete