Thursday, August 1, 2013

First Day of School - August 2000 (7th Grade)

     Sorry I haven't written in a long time, it's just that I have been really busy doing nothing.  [Because that makes sense.]  I know, I am so lazy.  I guess I've never realized the importance of a diary until now; but I would rather say "journal."  [I guess you also have never realized the proper ways to use a comma and semi-colon either...]  A diary sounds like something a prep would right in, and I am NOT a prep.
     Anyways, I have a lot to write about, but I need to do it soon, before I forget [apparently Alzheimer's does not only affect the older generation].  Mrs. Sims, my geography teacher, totally messed up our lunchtimes.  You see, we are usually supposed to go to Silent Reading after 3rd period, but we did NOT know that.  So instead, we went to Mrs. Sims after Mr. Huber.  [I'm failing to see how this mix-up is Mrs. Sims's fault at all.]  Mrs. Sims is a teacher I don't particularly like.  She is old, so she forgets a lot [rude!]; but there's just something about her no one likes.  [I am ashamed at how mean and critical I sound!]
     Anyways, we went to Mrs. Sims, who didn't know either, so we finally figured out what had happened, went downstairs, and I had to wait with Krista in line to pay our lunch money.  We were waiting next to the Dolphins, and one dolphin, Sarah, walked up to us.  [No, they were not actual dolphins.  Each grade level was divided into two teams, and the 7th grade teams were the dolphins and the sharks.  I was a shark...obvi.]
     "Some people are saying you think I'm a whore [though I spelled it "hore" in my youthful ignorance], and I just want you to know that whatever you want to say to me, you better say it to my face, you {insert not-nice word here}," Sarah said to Krista.  So the whole time Krista and I were in line, Sarah was up there w/ her friends from the Dolphins, and they were all talking about Krista.  And guess what, one of the people she was talking to was Josh L.!!  [He was this guy I "went out with" in sixth grade for about a week.  The reason I broke up with him was because he always walked down the stairs holding my hand so fast, I almost fell a couple of times.  In fact, one time, I think I did fall.  But I was too chicken to tell him he was the reason why.  So I broke up with him instead.  Wise decision on my part, I believe.]
     I was so mad at Josh for listening to all that, that I felt like saying some not-nice things to him, but I don't do that in public.  [So I guess I do it in private?  Weird.]  So I just talked to Krista who was very mad and confused because she didn't even know Sarah!  [Classic he-said, she-said.  So middle school.]
     After we paid our lunch, we had to eat with the sixth graders.  Uggh!  [A definite social "no-no" when you're in 7th grade, which is a whole year higher.]  That day was so messed up.  Plus, to add to my woes, neither Casper [actual nickname of a guy I liked] or Josh even talked to me!  [Hold up; wasn't I just talking about how rude he was for listening to smack about Krista?  I am/was so fickle.]
     Okay, I guess if I want to write about school, I should start soon.  Okay, I guess I'll start with first period.  [Genius, Chrissy.  Really.]
     Mrs. Johnson is my homeroom teacher this year.  She used to be the library assistant last year.  I think she's pretty, but a little overdone.  Her hair is a blondish color that is definitely not natural.  [I love how I described it as "a blondish color" instead of just straight-up saying blond. hahahaha]  She smiles a lot, and she is really nice.  In first period, we don't have to do anything.  [I'll bet you 50 cents that's why I liked her so much - no work in her class!  Woot!]
     Mrs. Brown is my Chorus (2nd period) teacher.  She sings really well, but she's not that good at playing the piano.  [Sounds like me!]  She really tries to, though.  [Oh wait, maybe not.]  She has an average height, and brown hair.  She is really easygoing and nice.  Mrs. Brown hardly ever pressures us to do something we don't want to do.  I really like her.  [I'm really bad at describing people and making them sound interesting.  Obviously.]
     Third Period.  Mr. Huber.  The only guy teacher I have this year.  He is really funny and really smart.  We do a lot of work in that class; of course, what do you expect in Science?  [Get ready for a really stupid 7th-grade argument about why Science sucks.  Feel free to scroll over it.]  That is probably man's most blinded subject.  I mean, they try to explain things logically and analitically [learn to spell, Acree], but some things are unexplainable [not a word].  I mean, it's good to try to explain some very important facts, but other things, like miricales [seriously?! Invest in a dictionary!!], are best left in the memory as one of God's messages.  It's not that I hate all science, but I don't like the ideas of the big bang and evolution.  [Whew.  Done with that.  I warned you guys.]
     Fourth period is after Silent Reading and Lunch [obviously, the order is of utmost importance to 7th-grade me.]  I have Mrs. Sims for Geography.  I don't like her; I already told you why.  Geography class for this part of the year is teaching us about latitude, longitude, plates, currents, axis, and all that good stuff.  Yay!  (Yeah right.)
     Fifth period is P.E. with Mrs. Dickens.  Mrs. Dickens is black.  She's also really funny; she works us really heard though, because it is like 100 degree weather out there, and my uniform really stinks now.  [TMI, Chrissy.  T...M...I.]   Mrs. Dickens is a little wide [hahaha!], I have to admit, but she doesn't act like it's a problem, like when fat people waddle.  [Sometimes I seriously question where I come up with this stuff.]
     In sixth period, I have Mrs. Wilks!  She is the most wonderful teacher in the world; that's what she tells us to tell her.  She has a really great sense of humor, that is the best class I've ever been in, even if it's after P.E., and my face is red and really hot.  Mrs. Wilks used to go to school with my Aunt Bonnie, and she has blond hair that was "touched by the sun."  Her hips are a little wide [a physical characteristic I have come to appreciate now that I'm older and suffer from the same condition], but she is really great.
     7th period is Mrs. Green.  She is obsessed with ladybugs and her son.  [No joke.  It was actually kind of creepy the way she talked about him.]  She has really feathery brown hair and is a little chubby.  She gets mad about the stupidest things, but is always really nice other times.
     Eighth period is Mrs. Johnson again.  When we come in, we have to do Bellwork.  It's usually riddles or word problems for the brain, probably because that class is Critical Thinking!  [I don't miss a thing, do I?]  Anyways, those are my teachers for school.

[Enthralling stuff, right?]
   

2 comments: